New Milford in Bergen County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the French Church and Cemetery
Erected by the Bergen County Historical Society 1935.
Erected 1935 by Bergen County Historical Society. (Marker Number 124.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey, Bergen County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 55.442′ N, 74° 1.628′ W. Marker is in New Milford, New Jersey, in Bergen County. Marker is at the intersection of River Road and Patrolman Ray Woods Lane, on the left when traveling north on River Road. Click for map. Marker is in front of New Milford Borough Hall. Marker is at or near this postal address: 930 River Road, New Milford NJ 07646, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. French Burying Ground (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Borough of River Edge (approx. 0.7 miles away); New Bridge Inn (approx. 0.7 miles away); New Bridge (approx. 0.7 miles away); Jacobus Demarest Homestead (approx. 0.7 miles away); Brett Park / New Bridge Area Cattails = Clay (approx. 0.7 miles away); a different marker also named New Bridge (approx. 0.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in New Milford.
Also see . . . Bergen County Historical Society. (Submitted on April 20, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,704 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.