Snohomish in Snohomish County, Washington — The American West (Northwest)
was Snohomish County's first courthouse,
first post office and our first city hall.
Originally built in Steilacoom
and delivered by steamship in 1859.
It was also the home of city founder,
Emory Canda Ferguson
Location. 47° 54.623′ N, 122° 5.628′ W. Marker is in Snohomish, Washington, in Snohomish County. Marker can be reached from City of Snohomish River Front Trail. Click for map. Marker is located on a walking trail, two (level) minutes from the parking lot at Cady Landing. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 Maple Street, Snohomish WA 98290, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ken Griffey Jr. (approx. 6.4 miles away); Humble House (approx. 10.6 miles away); Alderwood Manor Heritage Cottage (approx. 10.7 miles away); Wickers Building (approx. 10.7 miles away); Interurban Trolley (approx. 10.7 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. The Ferguson Cottage, 1859. An article published April 21, 2010, in the Snohomish Country Tribune (Submitted on April 8, 2014.)
2. Riverfront Trail Markers Installed (Submitted on April 8, 2014.)
3. Emory C. Ferguson - Wikipedia. Ferguson was eulogized as the "Father of Snohomish" (Submitted on April 8, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Warner Blake of Snohomish, WA Washington. This page has been viewed 275 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Warner Blake of Snohomish, WA Washington. 2, 3. submitted on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Close-up photo of the marker showing the text. • Photo of the cottage. • Can you help?