Near Anna in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This cemetery, which dates to the mid-19th century, is on land donated by early settler John Coffman (1804-1880). His son, George W. Coffman (1840-1913), owned and operated a homestead one mile west of this site. The oldest marked grave dates to 1876. Descendants of many of the families represented in the graveyard still reside in this part of Collin County. The primary burial ground for the community of Coffman for over a century, this cemetery serves as a reminder of the area's past.
Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986
Erected 1986 by Texas State Historical Commission. (Marker Number 930.)
Location. 33° 20.013′ N, 96° 35.381′ W. Marker is near Anna, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is at the intersection of South Central Expressway Frontage Road (U.S. 75) and Farm to Market Road 284, on the right when traveling south on South Central Expressway Frontage Road. Click for map. Cemetery is about 3/4 mile south of US 75 Exit 48, Anna-Weston Road (FM 455). Marker is in this post office area: Anna TX 75409, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mantua (approx. 3.7 miles away); First Christian Church of Van Alstyne First United Methodist Church of Van Alstyne (approx. 6.1 miles away); Van Alstyne (approx. 6.2 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.2 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 333 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.