Jefferson in Marengo County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Jeﬀerson Methodist Church
This early Greek Revival building was dedicated on the first Sunday in June, 1856, by the Reverend Phillip Phillips Neely, minister from Marion, Alabama.
Services held 2nd and 4th Sundays, 9 a.m.
Erected 1976 by the Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 23.166′ N, 87° 53.676′ W. Marker is in Jefferson, Alabama, in Marengo County. Marker is at the intersection of Jefferson Road (County Road 57) and State Road 28, on the right when traveling north on Jefferson Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jefferson AL 36745, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jefferson Baptist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Foscue House (approx. 7 miles away); Old Marengo County Courthouse (approx. 7.5 miles away); A County Older Than the State (approx. 7.9 miles away); History of Linden, Alabama The Rooster Bridge (approx. 8 miles away); Whitfield Canal (approx. 9 miles away); Gaineswood (approx. 9.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Rural Southwest Alabama Attractions. (Submitted on April 13, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 224 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.