Snelling in Merced County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
First Court House
in Merced County
This monument commemorates the
Seventy-fifth anniversary of
the organization of Merced County
and is dedicated to the memory
Yosemite Parlor No. 24, N.S.G.W. Merced
May 20, 1930
Erected 1930 by Yosemite Parlor No. 24, N.S.G.W. Merced.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 31.172′ N, 120° 26.249′ W. Marker is in Snelling, California, in Merced County. Marker is at the intersection of Lewis Street (State Highway 59) and 2nd Street, on the left when traveling north on Lewis Street. Click for map. Marker is in downtown Snelling betwen the fire station and the library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15930 Lewis Street, Snelling CA 95369, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Merced Falls (approx. 5.9 miles away); Tuolumne Gold Dredge (approx. 8.3 miles away); La Grange Gold Dredge Co. Camp (approx. 9.3 miles away); The Old La Grange Schoolhouse (approx. 9.9 miles away); Saint Louis Mission (approx. 10 miles away); The Trading Post (approx. 10 miles away); The Old Jail (approx. 10 miles away); The Old Barn – First Adobe Building (approx. 10.1 miles away).
Categories. • Government • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Richard Wisehart of Sonora, California. This page has been viewed 1,553 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Richard Wisehart of Sonora, California. 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.