Bethesda in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Georgetown Road
Part of Old Georgetown Road Was once an Indian trail going from what is now Wisconsin Avenue to the Potomac River. In 1806, The Maryland Assembly created the Washington Turnpike Company to improve the Georgetown-Frederick Road.
Location. 38° 59.209′ N, 77° 5.899′ W. Marker is in Bethesda, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker can be reached from Old Georgetown Road (Maryland Route 187). Click for map. In Chevy Chase Gardens Plaza, 7700 Old Georgetown Road, near the front door of 7605 Arlington Road. Marker is in this post office area: Bethesda MD 20814, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tennallytown and Rockville Railroad (here, next to this marker); Locust Grove (within shouting distance of this marker); This Complex of Buildings and Gardens (within shouting distance of this marker); Five Points, Historic Crossroads (approx. ¼ mile away); Robert W. Leibling (approx. ¼ mile away); Madonna of the Trail (approx. 0.3 miles away); From Trolley to Trail (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Georgetown Branch Railroad (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Bethesda.
Also see . . .
1. Maryland Route 187. , Wikipedia. (Submitted on May 3, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
2. "Maryland Route 187". Google Inc. Google Maps (Map). (Submitted on May 3, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.