McAlester in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
German P.O.W.s in 1943
Erected by Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1098.
Location. 34° 56.072′ N, 95° 45.967′ W. Marker is in McAlester, Oklahoma, in Pittsburg County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street and Adams Street, on the right when traveling north on 2nd Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 East Adams Street, McAlester OK 74502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Largest Lump of McAlester Coal (a few steps from this marker); Scottish Rite Temple (within shouting distance of this marker); Busby Office Building (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Veterans Memorial (about 800 feet away); Supreme Assembly, International Order of the Rainbow for Girls (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Mark Sexson Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. J. E. Wright (approx. 9.1 miles away).
Also see . . . History of McAlester, Oklahoma. (Submitted on May 4, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features • War, World II •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 288 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.