Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Parkersburg in Wood County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Neal's Station

 
 
Neal's Station Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 13, 2014
1. Neal's Station Marker
Inscription. Neal's Station or Fort Neal was built in 1785 by Capt. James Neal, Revolutionary War veteran, who led a party of settlers to the mouth of the Little Kanawha. Neal first came here in 1783 surveying present site of Parkersburg.
 
Location. 39° 15.28′ N, 81° 32.816′ W. Marker is in Parkersburg, West Virginia, in Wood County. Marker is at the intersection of Pike Street and Camden Avenue on Pike Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Parkersburg WV 26101, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Block-House (here, next to this marker); Col. Hugh Phelps (here, next to this marker); The Toll House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Tollgate House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Old Turnpikes (approx. 0.6 miles away); West Virginia's First Governor / Parkersburg Governors (approx. 1.1 miles away); Sumner School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Wood County Court House (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Parkersburg.
 
Categories. Forts, CastlesSettlements & SettlersWar, US Revolutionary
 
Neal's Station Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 13, 2014
2. Neal's Station Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 203 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement