Near Holland in Allegan County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Old Wing Mission
Erected 1969 by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number L70.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 45.717′ N, 86° 4.038′ W. Marker is near Holland, Michigan, in Allegan County. Marker is on E. 147th Avenue (E. 40th Street) half a mile east of S. Waverly Road (54th Street), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is located next to Holland city limits; street names in this area
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ebenezer Reformed Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Holland City Hall and Firehouse No. 2 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Ninth Street Christian Reformed Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); Central Avenue Christian Reformed Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); Dutch in Michigan (approx. 2.7 miles away); Holland Post Office (approx. 2.8 miles away); Third Reformed Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Cappon House / Isaac Cappon (approx. 3.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Holland.
Also see . . . Old Wing Mission. A publication edited by Robert P. Wierenga and William Van Appledorn. Full titleis Old Wing Mission: The Chronicles of the Reverend George N. and Arvilla Powers Smith, Missionary Teachers of Chief Wakazoo's Ottawa Indian Band in Western Michigan, 1838-1849. (Submitted on May 13, 2014.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 335 times since then and 88 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.