Farwell in Parmer County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Young and Bexar Territories
Created August 21, 1876
Organized May 7, 1907
Named in honor of
Came to Texas in 1825 and
located at Mound Prairie. A
leader in the Fredonian War in
1826. Signer of the Texas
Declaration of Independence
Died in 1850
County seat Parmerton, 1907
Farwell, since 1909
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 3946.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 34° 23.082′ N, 103° 2.378′ W. Marker is in Farwell, Texas, in Parmer County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of 3rd Street and Avenue D, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at southwest corner of court house. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 3rd Street, Farwell TX 79325, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Farwell, Texas (within shouting distance of this marker); Near Route of the Coronado Expedition (within shouting distance of this marker); Hopping-Aldridge House Clovis (approx. 2.3 miles away in New Mexico); Bovina United Methodist Church (approx. 12.6 miles away); Bovina Cemetery (approx. 12.7 miles away); Bovina (approx. 12.8 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.