The Site of Byars-Hall High School
Byars-Hall was a joint county and city high school of the first class and was operated under the state law governing county high schools. It offered four-year courses of study which prepared its students for college and the practical duties and responsibilities of life. In 1921 Byars-Hall was declared an A-1 (highest classification) high school, one of only seven A-1 schools throughout the state.
Throughout its existence Byars-Hall maintained a high academic standing and achieved great successes in both academics and athletics. Byars-Hall graduates number more than 3600.
Erected by Byars-Hall Alumni Group-Bill Hadley, Historian.
Location. 35° 33.462′ N, 89° 38.947′ W. Marker is in Covington, Tennessee, in Tipton County. Marker is on West Sherrod Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Covington TN 38019, United States of America.
Other nearby markers.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 225 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.