Escalante in Garfield County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Old White Church
The building was erected in 1885 under the direction of Bishop Andrew P. Schow, with Morgan Richards as the stone mason.
The bell that hung in the belfry called ward members to church and to funerals for nearly sixty years.
Erected 1977 by Sons of Escalante Pioneers.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 37° 46.163′ N, 111° 36.03′ W. Marker is in Escalante, Utah, in Garfield County. Marker is on South Center Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 South Center Street, Escalante UT 84726, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. L.D.S. Tithing Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Escalante (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Public Building Old Boulder Mail Trail (approx. one mile away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 237 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.