Buffalo Gap in Taylor County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Organized - July 3, 1878
Aug. 8, 1878 - Oct. 30, 1883
First Taylor County
Courthouse and Jail
Constructed - 1879
Buffalo Gap Museum
Founded - 1956
Location. 32° 17.17′ N, 99° 49.655′ W. Marker is in Buffalo Gap, Texas, in Taylor County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of N. William Street and Elm Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is located in Buffalo Gap Historic Village. Marker is at or near this postal address: 133 N. William St, Buffalo Gap TX 79508, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Ernie Wilson Museum (a few steps from this marker); Vicinity of Indian Fight (approx. 0.4 miles away); Town of Buffalo Gap (approx. 0.4 miles away); Buffalo Gap College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Buffalo Gap Cemetery (approx. 2 miles away); a different marker also named Taylor County (approx. 4.1 miles away); The Civilian Conservation Corps at Abilene State Park (approx. 4.5 miles away); Cedar Gap Community (approx. 4.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo Gap.
Also see . . . Tour the Buffalo Gap Historic Village. From the McWhiney History Education Group website. (Submitted on June 24, 2014.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 295 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. 5. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.