This property has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.
Tennessee Club founded in 1875 by General Colton Greene. Club house built in 1890. Building Committee; L.B. McFarland-Pres., G.D. Raine-Secy, J.K. Speed, Jeptha Fowlkes, D.D. Saunders.
Location. 35° 8.784′ N, 90° 3.066′ W. Marker is in Memphis, Tennessee, in Shelby County. Marker is on Court Street. Click for map. The marker is across the street from Court Square Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 130 Court Street, Memphis TN 38103, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 128 Court Street (a few steps from this marker); Thomas Alva Edison (within shouting distance of this marker); Piggly Wiggly (within shouting distance of this marker); James H. Malone (within shouting distance of this marker); WMC Radio Station (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Calvary Protestant Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Shelby County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Statuary at the Shelby County Courthouse (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Memphis.
Categories. • Landmarks •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 241 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.