Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
University of Pittsburgh Log Schoolhouse
The first home of the
University of Pittsburgh
This plaque erected by the General Alumni Association of the University of Pittsburgh
June 10, 1957
And rededicated on the year of the University's Bicentennial
February 26, 1987
Erected 1957 by General Alumni Association of the University of Pittsburgh.
Location. 40° 26.271′ N, 79° 59.998′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Boulevard of the Allies and Smithfield Street, on the right when traveling west on Boulevard of the Allies. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15219, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bethel A.M.E. Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Union Trust Company-Lawyers Title Building (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Smithfield Street Bridge (about 600 feet away); Founding of the Ironworkers Union (about 600 feet away); Arrott Building (about 700 feet away); United Steelworkers of America Monongahela Wharf Commercial Buildings (about 800 feet away); Kaufmann's Department Store and Clock (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . . University of Pittsburgh. (Submitted on July 2, 2014, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 330 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.