Fountain Green in Sanpete County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Plaque below: The bell atop this monument rang its message from the tower of the first schoolhouse, 1880. As each new schoolhouse was built, the bell was transferred; tolling time, fire and curfew for 88 years.
Erected 1976 by Uinta Springs Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 394.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 39° 37.689′ N, 111° 38.085′ W. Marker is in Fountain Green, Utah, in Sanpete County. Marker is at the intersection of South State Street and Center Street, on the right when traveling south on South State Street. Click for map. Marker is on the southwest corner. Marker is in this post office area: Fountain Green UT 84632, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Lewis Lund (a few steps from this marker); Uinta Springs Settlement (approx. 0.3 miles away); Salt Creek Canyon Massacre (approx. 6.5 miles away); ZCMI Building (approx. 7.6 miles away); Moroni Fort and Bastion (approx. 7.6 miles away); Fairview Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 9.7 miles away); Settlement of Fairview (approx. 10.4 miles away but has been reported missing); Mill Stones (approx. 10.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fountain Green.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 208 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.