Lancaster in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
To Commemorate the Bravery
soldiers and sailors
of the Civil War
Erected in 1912
under the auspices of the
Lancaster Circle 67
Ladies of the G.A.R.
Erected 1912 by Lancaster Circle 67 Ladies of the G.A.R.
Location. 42° 53.755′ N, 78° 40.055′ W. Marker is in Lancaster, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Old Lake Avenue, on the left when traveling south on Lake Avenue. Click for map. Marker is located towards the sharp angle (north end) of an irregular triangle of green space bordered by Lake Avenue, Old Lake Avenue, and Pardee Avenue, with other war memorials within the triangle. Marker is in this post office area: Lancaster NY 14086, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. This Memorial is to Honor the Commitment (a few steps from this marker); Our Men Who Made the Supreme Sacrifice (within shouting distance of this marker); Lancaster Glass Works (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lancaster Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Liebler-Rohl Gasoline Station Zuidema-Idsardi House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Miller-Mackey House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lancaster Municipal Building (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lancaster.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 257 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.