Fort Plain in Montgomery County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Colonel Lewis DuBois with
5th New York Regiment and
Artillery left Fort Plain for
Otsego Lake, June 25, 1779
Erected 1928 by New York State Historical Marker.
Location. 42° 56.453′ N, 74° 37.749′ W. Marker is in Fort Plain, New York, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Canal Street (New York State Route 5S) and Road to Old Fort, on the right when traveling east on Canal Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Plain NY 13339, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Plain (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Fort Plain (a few steps from this marker); Revolution in the Mohawk Valley (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sand Hill School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sand Hill (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Plain Free Library (approx. 0.7 miles away); Te-No-To-Ge (approx. 1.9 miles away); Wagner Home (approx. 3.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Plain.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 278 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.