Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

S. Jung Company Liquor Wholesale

Historic Third Ward

 
 
S. Jung Company Liquor Wholesale Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, January 11, 2012
1. S. Jung Company Liquor Wholesale Marker
Inscription.
This property has been placed on the
National Register of Historic Places

S. Jung Company Liquor Wholesale

Tour Site 24
1906

 
Erected by Historic Third Ward Walking Tour. (Marker Number 24.)
 
Location. 43° 2.002′ N, 87° 54.534′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is on North Water Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 236 N. Water St., Milwaukee WI 53202, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Patek Brothers, Paint, Oil & Glass Manufacturers (a few steps from this marker); W.P. Reilly & Bros. (within shouting distance of this marker); Hoffmann & Sons Co. Grocers (within shouting distance of this marker); George Ziegler & Co. Candy Manufacturers (within shouting distance of this marker); Goll & Frank Co. Notions and Dry Goods (within shouting distance of this marker); National Distilling Co. (within shouting distance of this marker); Friend & Marks Co., Clothiers (within shouting distance of this marker); Cawker Building (within shouting distance of this marker). Click for a list of all markers in Milwaukee.
 
Regarding S. Jung Company Liquor Wholesale.
S. Jung Company Liquor Wholesale Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, January 11, 2012
2. S. Jung Company Liquor Wholesale Marker
Built in 1906, this building first housed the S. Jung Co., a liquor wholesaler. In 1922 Val Blatz Jr. moved a candy company to the site and then in 1928 Columbia Knitting settled into the structure. The building was purchased by Strauss Investments in 1998, and is the retail space for The Cat Doctor, along with condo space on the upper floors. - Historic Third Ward Walking Tour brochure
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 248 times since then. Last updated on , by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement