Kanosh in Millard County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
This tithing office building, erected in 1870, was also used as a meetinghouse. Culbert King was the first bishop. The Latter-day Saints Church granted use of the building to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers in 1952.
Erected 1954 by Sally Kanosh Camp, Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 200.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 38° 48.131′ N, 112° 26.248′ W. Marker is in Kanosh, Utah, in Millard County. Marker is on North Main Street south of 100 North Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kanosh UT 84637, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1867 Chief Kanosh Memorial 1976 (within shouting distance of this marker); Taysom Cabin Settlement of Meadow (approx. 6 miles away); Chief Walkara (approx. 6.4 miles away); Little Rock Schoolhouse (approx. 12.9 miles away); Edward Partridge, Jr. House (approx. 12.9 miles away); Land of the Yuta (approx. 12.9 miles away); Utah’s First Capitol (approx. 12.9 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 203 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.