Westminster in Carroll County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Confederate forces under Major Harry Gilmor and General Bradley T. Johnson raided the town in 1864. Union forces to and from Gettysburg camped here.
Erected by Maryland State Highway Administration.
Location. 39° 34.406′ N, 76° 59.228′ W. Marker is in Westminster, Maryland, in Carroll County. Marker is on North Center Street south of North Court Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. The marker is located on the grounds of the Carroll County Government Offices buildings. Marker is at or near this postal address: 224 N Center St, Westminster MD 21157, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Divided Loyalties (approx. 0.2 miles away); Army of the Potomac (approx. 0.2 miles away); Aftermath of Battle (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named Army of the Potomac Corbit's Charge (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 0.3 miles away); The First Complete County Rural Free Delivery Service (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Corbitís Charge (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Westminster.
Categories. • Politics • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 200 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.