St. Catharines in Niagara Region, Ontario — Central Canada
The Founding of St. Catharines
Erected by Ontario Heritage Foundation, Ministry of Culture and Recreation.
Location. 43° 9.575′ N, 79° 14.834′ W. Marker is in St. Catharines, Ontario, in Niagara Region. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and James Street, on the right when traveling north on Church Street. Click for map. Marker is on the front lawn of City Hall, just south of the intersection. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 Church Street, St. Catharines, Ontario L2R7C2, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this City Hall 1937 (here, next to this marker); Private Alexander Watson (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Catharines (approx. half a kilometer away); Shipbuilding in St. Catharines 1845 (approx. half a kilometer away); St. Paul Street United Church (approx. half a kilometer away); In Memorium Reqviescant in Pace (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); Anglican Church, St. Catharines (approx. 0.6 kilometers away); William Hamilton Merritt 1793 - 1862 (approx. 0.6 kilometers away). Click for a list of all markers in St. Catharines.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 196 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • William J. Toman was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.