Chickamauga in Walker County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
4th Georgia Cavalry
—Wharton's Division —
Colonel Isaac W. Avery.
3 P.M., September 20, 1863.
Erected by the State of Georgia.
Location. 34° 53.06′ N, 85° 16.076′ W. Marker is in Chickamauga, Georgia, in Walker County. Marker is on Lee-Gordon Mill Circle north of Red Belt Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. This historical marker is located on the high ground, over looking the Lee-Gordon Mill, and is situated about midway between the Lee-Gordon Mill and the LaFayette Road, on residential property. Marker is at or near this postal address: 114 Lee-Gordon Mill Circle, La Fayette GA 30728, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Twenty-First Army Corps (within shouting distance of this marker); Harker's Brigade (within shouting distance of this marker); 3rd Confederate (within shouting distance of this marker); Wood's Division (within shouting distance of this marker); 36th Illinois Infantry (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 3rd Georgia Cavalry Headquarters (about 400 feet away); Start of the Atlanta Campaign (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Chickamauga.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 259 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.