Minneapolis in Hennepin County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Location. 44° 57.583′ N, 93° 18.575′ W. Marker is in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in Hennepin County. Marker is at the intersection of Kenwood Parkway and West Lake of the Isles Parkway, in the median on Kenwood Parkway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Minneapolis MN 55405, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. History of the Garden (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Woman's Club of Minneapolis (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Basilica of Saint Mary (approx. 1.5 miles away); Loring Park: The Devil's Backbone (approx. 1.7 miles away); Loring Park: Historic Districts and Buildings (approx. 1.7 miles away); Loring Park: Basilica and Churches (approx. 1.7 miles away); Loring Park: Loring Greenway and Housing (approx. 1.7 miles away); Loring Park: Neighborhood Organizing (approx. 1.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Minneapolis.
More about this marker. Frank Hutchison Peavey was a millionaire owner of many
• New York, April 30. — Mr. Frank H. Peavey, of Minneapolis Minn., has obtained insurance in the Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York to the amount of $1,000,000, the annual premium on the policy being $48,390. This is the largest annual premium payable on one policy ever received by any life insurance company in the world. Excerpt from: Atlanta Constitution, May 1, 1900.
• Chicago, December 30. — Frank H. Peavey, one of the best known grain men in the country, died here today... Mr. Peavey was the largest owner of grain elevators in the country. His life insurance amounts to $1,376,000. Excerpt from: Atlanta Constitution, December 31, 1901.
Also see . . .
1. Frank Hutchison Peavey. Find A Grave. (Submitted on August 13, 2014.)
2. Kenwood Park Water Tower. Wikipedia entry. (Submitted on August 13, 2014.)
3. Kenwood Water Tower. City of Minneapolis. (Submitted on August 13, 2014.)
Categories. • Man-Made Features • War, World I •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 244 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.