Rincon in Effingham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Jerusalem (Ebenezer) Church
»— 6 mi.—→
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 051-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 20.137′ N, 81° 15.437′ W. Marker is in Rincon, Georgia, in Effingham County. Marker is at the intersection of Ga 21 and Ga 275, on the right when traveling west on Ga 21. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rincon GA 31326, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Ebenezer (approx. one mile away); Historic Taverns on this Road (approx. 2.3 miles away); Effingham County Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 3 miles away); Sherman's Left Wing (approx. 3.7 miles away); Confederate Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Effingham County Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Effingham County (approx. 4.3 miles away); The Salzburgers (approx. 5.1 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Jerusalem Lutheran Church. The first Sunday School in Georgia was held in 1734 (Submitted on May 6, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
2. Georgia Salzburger Society - Jerusalem Church History. "The old red brick church building at Ebenezer is the only structure that remains of the early colonial town." (Submitted on May 6, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 2,394 times since then and 109 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 7, 8. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.