Village in Richmond County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Richmond County / Northumberland County
Area 204 Square Miles
Formed in 1692 from Old Rappahannock County, and named for the town of Richmond, Surrey, England. Sabine Hall and Mount Airy, noted old homes, are in this county.
Area 205 Square Miles
Originally an Indian District called Chickacoan. In 1648 it became Northumberland County, named for an English county. The mouth of the Potomac River is here.
Erected 1928 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number 2-Z.)
Location. 37° 56.947′ N, 76° 36.332′ W. Marker is in Village, Virginia, in Richmond County. Marker is at the intersection of Richmond Road (U.S. 360) and Normans Corner Road (Virginia Route 617), on the left when traveling east on Richmond Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Farnham VA 22460, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Rev. Paymus Nutt (approx. 1.8 miles away); Chambers Stamp Factory (approx. 2.5 miles away); British Attacks at Kinsale and Muddy Point / The War of 1812 (approx. 3.8 miles away); The War of 1812 / British Attacks at Kinsale and Mundy Point Northumberland County / Westmoreland County (approx. 4.2 miles away); Cherry Point and Cowart’s Wharf (approx. 4.4 miles away); North Farnham Church (approx. 4.5 miles away); Holley Graded School (approx. 4.8 miles away).
Categories. • Native Americans • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 270 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.