Merton in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Beaumont Hop House
The Beaumont hop house of fieldstone construction covered by mortar, circa 1875, is 18 feet square and 32 feet high. A stove on the first floor was used to create heat which would rise and pass through the slatted second floor on which hops were placed to dry.
Ephram Beaumont (1834-1918) was prominent in local & county government and the County Agricultural Society.
Erected 1974 by Waukesha County Historical Society. (Marker Number 16-01.)
Location. 43° 7.819′ N, 88° 20.129′ W. Marker is in Merton, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker is on Rybeck Road (County Road Ef) east of Creekside Court, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Located in the Woodfield Village subdivision park. Marker is at or near this postal address: W29681 Rybeck Rd, Hartland WI 53029, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Baptist Church Of Merton (approx. 1.8 miles away); Martin C. Weber, Sr. Village of Merton (approx. 2 miles away); Plainview School No. 4 (approx. 3.1 miles away); Stone Bank (approx. 3.8 miles away); Monches (approx. 3.9 miles away); Carl Schurz Forest (approx. 4.4 miles away); Pewaukee Village (approx. 4.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Merton.
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 778 times since then and 114 times this year. Last updated on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.