Eudora in Douglas County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
4 East 7th Street
Eudora City Hall
The current City Hall building was completed in 1955. The first City Hall, which was originally built as a school house in 1860, was also situated at this location until it was moved to 731 Maple Street. The community of Eudora was established in 1857 in the midst of the Bleeding Kansas conflict, when German immigrants purchased land from a Shawnee Indian leader named Paschal Fish to form the community.
Erected 2012 by Eudora Area Historical Society and Douglas County Heritage Conservation Council.
Location. 38° 56.806′ N, 95° 5.914′ W. Marker is in Eudora, Kansas, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of 7th Street and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on 7th Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4 East 7th Street, Eudora KS 66025, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eudora's First Bell (a few steps from this marker); 700 Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 701 Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 707 Main Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 711 Main Street 720/722 Main Street (about 300 feet away); 715 Main Street (about 300 feet away); 724 Main Street (about 300 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Eudora.
Also see . . . History of Eudora, Kansas. (Submitted on August 23, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 190 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.