Troy in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Troy's Public Square & Third Courthouse
Two-story brick Courthouse, 40' x 40', with cupola and bell, built in center of Square 1815-1824. Torn down 1841.
A tall wooden flagpole stood in center of Square 1876-1891, and a 170' lighted steel tower 1898-1907. Interurban cars ran through Square 1893-1932.
Erected 1969 by the Troy Historical Society.
Location. 40° 2.369′ N, 84° 12.225′ W. Marker is in Troy, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is at the intersection of South Market Street (Ohio Route 55) and West Main Street (Ohio Route 41), on the left when traveling north on South Market Street. Click for map. This historical marker is located in the center of the downtown area, in the community's public square, on the southwest corner, affixed to the outer wall of a commercial building. Marker is in this post office area: Troy OH 45373, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Overfield Tavern (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Engine Storage Location Dilts Warehouse Plant No. 1 (approx. half a mile away); Junior Girls Canteen 1943-1946 (approx. half a mile away); Troy Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Staunton Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.4 miles away); WACO Aircraft Company (approx. 1.8 miles away); Thomas Cemetery / Abraham Thomas (approx. 1.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Troy.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 184 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.