Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hagaman in Montgomery County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Pawling Hall

 
 
Pawling Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 26, 2014
1. Pawling Hall Marker
Inscription.
Has Been Placed on The
National Register of
Historic Places in 2002
By the United States
Department of the Interior
William G. Pomeroy Foundation 2013

 
Erected 2013 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
 
Location. 42° 58.657′ N, 74° 9.078′ W. Marker is in Hagaman, New York, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Pawling Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 86 Pawling Street, Hagaman NY 12086, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Hagaman Cemetery 1774 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cemetery 1774 (approx. 0.2 miles away); 18th Century Home (approx. 1.7 miles away); James Allin Inn (approx. 1.9 miles away); Hurricana Stock Farm (approx. 2.1 miles away); Sanford Mansion (approx. 3.3 miles away); Green Hill Cemetery (approx. 3.4 miles away); "Mother Lake" (approx. 3.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Hagaman.
 
Regarding Pawling Hall. The community of Hagaman Mills developed during the nineteenth century as a local seat of water-powered industries along the Chuctanunda Creek. Pawling Hall was
Pawling Hall in Hagaman image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, August 26, 2014
2. Pawling Hall in Hagaman
erected in 1891, a philanthropic gift from local mill owner Henry H. Pawling to his mill workers and the community. The Star, Anchor and Harrower textile mills, owned and operated by H. Pawling & Sons employed many inhabitants of Hagaman Mills. In 1972 the village of Hagaman purchased Pawling Hall for use as a village hall. Prior to that Kindergarten classes were held in the building during the 1950s. In 1938 the building was purchased by the Scattergood Grange No. 1514 for use as a Grange Hall.
 
Also see . . .  Early Days of Hagaman. (Submitted on August 28, 2014, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
 
Additional keywords. Pawling Hall Hagaman Mills
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceMan-Made Features
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 209 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement