Collierville in Shelby County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Collierville High School
Grades 1-12 were all taught at this facility until 1960, when the elementary grades moved to Peterson Lake Road. In 1996, when Collierville High relocated to Frank and Byhalia Roads, this facility became Collierville Middle School, which it remained until 2012, when Collierville Middle moved to Quinn Road. Ownership of this property was transferred from Shelby County Schools to the Town of Collierville in 2012.
Erected 2013 by Town of Collierville and Main Street Collierville.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1101 New Byhalia Rd, Collierville TN 38017, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Tom Brooks Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Collierville (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chalmers's Collierville Raid (about 300 feet away); Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church (about 500 feet away); Presbyterian Church of Collierville (about 500 feet away); Collierville United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Collierville Christian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Collierville.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 223 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Judy King of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.