Columbus in Colorado County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bought 1906 by Thurmond Bowers and Erma (Zumwalt) West, house is occupied and preserved by their son, Thurmond Baltzar West.
Erected 1973 by State Historical Survey Comittee. (Marker Number 5543.)
Location. 29° 42.327′ N, 96° 32.572′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Texas, in Colorado County. Marker is at the intersection of Spring Street and Live Oak Street, on the right when traveling west on Spring Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus TX 78934, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Railway Hospital (a few steps from this marker); Old Stafford Opera House (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate Memorial Museum (about 800 feet away); Stafford-Miller House The Rangers of Austin's Colony (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tumlinson Family (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1890 Cornerstone Ceremony (approx. 0.2 miles away); District Court Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 185 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.