West Bend in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Rural Power Line
Erected 1969 by Washington County Historical Society and the Wisconsin Council for Local History. (Marker Number 72.)
Location. 43° 26.037′ N, 88° 12.981′ W. Marker is in West Bend, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker is on Wildwood Road (County Route B) half a mile north of Washington Avenue (Wisconsin Highway 33), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is located in Albecker Natural Area Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: Approx. 1059 Wildwood Road, West Bend WI 53090, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The West Bend Aluminum Company (approx. 1.5 miles away); Stephan F. Mayer Home (approx. 1.6 miles away); Washington House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Old Settlers Triangle (approx. 1.8 Tuchscherer Residence (approx. 1.8 miles away); James Kneeland House (approx. 1.9 miles away); Court House Square (approx. 1.9 miles away); Washington County Courthouse Square (approx. 1.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in West Bend.
More about this marker. Marker is Wisconsin Registered Landmark #72.
Additional keywords. Rural Electrificaton
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 277 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.