Miami Shores in Miami-Dade County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Activity was renewed in Biscayne in 1892 with the building of the first county road, from Lantana to Lemon City, through Biscayne, and the post office was reopened. Later a railroad depot and a school were built. In the 1920s, Miami Shores was developed where the community of Biscayne once stood.
Erected by The Historical Association of Southern Florida.
Location. 25° 51.854′ N, 80° 10.261′ W. Marker is in Miami Shores, Florida, in Miami-Dade County. Marker is at the intersection of North Bayshore Drive and Northeast 96th Street, on the right when traveling Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Miami FL 33138, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Cushman School (approx. 2.4 miles away); Arch Creek (approx. 2.6 miles away); Pioneer Boat Builders' Site (approx. 2.6 miles away); Arch Creek Bridge (approx. 2.6 miles away); Arch Creek Road Military Trail (approx. 2.6 miles away); Biscayne House of Refuge (approx. 3.2 miles away); Haulover Beach Sport Fishing Docks (approx. 3.8 miles away); Barefoot Mailman (approx. 4.6 miles away).
Also see . . . The Miami Shores Story. Miami Shores Village (Submitted on October 3, 2014.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. This page has been viewed 342 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.