Gerolzhofen in Kreis Schweinfurt, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
The Watchmen's Tower
Geschichte für alle
historischer Verein in Gerolzhofen, e.V.
Dr. Ottmar Wolf - Kulturstiftung
Marker text translated into English:
Here stood the watchman's tower as the inner gate of the northern double-gated entryway. The gate was first mentioned in 1340, and in 1511 under Bishop Lorenz von Bibra a tower was added. Barracks of the town watchmen. Dismantled in February 1878.
History for All
The Gerolzhofen Historical Society
Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation
Erected by The Gerolzhofen Historical Society and the Dr. Ottmar Wolf Cultural Foundation.
Location. 49° 54.104′ N, 10° 20.852′ E. Marker is in Gerolzhofen, Bavaria, in Kreis Schweinfurt. Marker is at the intersection of Marktstrasse and Häfnergasse when traveling north on Marktstrasse. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gerolzhofen, Bavaria 97447, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Owl's Tower (about 90 meters away, measured Chapel of St. John (about 90 meters away); Parish Church (about 120 meters away); Baroque Crucifixion Sculpture (about 120 meters away); Catholic Rectory (about 120 meters away); The Beadle’s Tower (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Prison Tower (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Spital Gate (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Click for a list of all markers in Gerolzhofen.
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 271 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.