Pembroke in Genesee County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
1800 Brick House 1963
The original tavern burned about 1813. The Richardsons constructed a new house of brick, from red clay they found on the farm, about 1831.
In 1962 the property was sold to the School District for the construction of a new Junior Senior High School. The brick building was leveled in 1963.
Erected by Town of Pembroke Historical Committee.
Location. 42° 59.571′ N, 78° 24.345′ W. Marker is in Pembroke, New York, in Genesee County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Road (New York State Route 5) and Allegheny Road (New York State Route 77), on the right when traveling east on Main Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Corfu NY 14036, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Town of Pembroke (about 400 feet away, measured Old Buffalo Road Cemetery (approx. ¾ mile away); First United Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); General Ely Samuel Parker 1828-1895 (approx. 2.2 miles away); Morrot's Boulder Amusement Park (approx. 2.4 miles away); The Holland Purchase (approx. 4.1 miles away); Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 4.9 miles away); Treaty of 1857 (approx. 5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pembroke.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 248 times since then and 29 times this year. Last updated on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.