Rutland in Rutland County, Vermont — The American Northeast (New England)
Old State House
Approximately four rods from the west wall of this armory stood the "OLD STATE HOUSE" demolished in 1912, in which Vermont legislative sessions were held at intervals from 1784 to 1804 inclusive, county court from 1784 to 1793 and in 1791 the first session of Federal Court to be held in Vermont.
Erected by National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of Vermont.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 43° 36.527′ N, 72° 58.418′ W. Marker is in Rutland, Vermont, in Rutland County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of West Street (Business U.S. 4) and Court Square. Click for map. Marker is affixed to the left of the entrance of the old Armory building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15 West Street, Rutland VT 05701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Deere (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Julia C.R. Dorr (about 700 feet away); Martin Henry Freeman (approx. 0.2 miles away); Italian American Club of Rutland, Vermont George Schmitt (approx. 0.9 miles away); Center Rutland Depot (approx. 1.8 miles away); Mead's Falls (approx. 2.1 miles away); Brown Bridge (approx. 4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Rutland.
Categories. • Government • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 270 times since then and 90 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.