Little Falls in Morrison County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Way of the Cross
These Stations of the Cross were preserved from the chapel of Our Lady of the Angels which closed in 1969. The former Academy is now the River Pines Apartments Complex, located across the road. The original Chapel was blessed on December 7, 1911. These Stations of the Cross were blessed by Bishop James Trobec, Bishop of the Diocese of St. Cloud and erected by him after the Mass that day. The Academy and Chapel was [sic - were] dedicated in honor of the Portunicula, the Cradle Church of the Franciscan Order near Assisi, Italy. These Stations of The Cross now surround this Memorial Garden in fitting remembrance of the loving service of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception of 87 years.
Erected by Holy Family Parish.
Location. 46° 2.027′ N, 94° 20.266′ W. Marker is in Little Falls, Minnesota, in Morrison County. Marker is on Riverwood Drive 0.1 miles west of Minnesota Route 75, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18777 Riverwood Drive, Little Falls MN 56345, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Bell (here, next to this marker); Log Cabin (a few Site of Foundation of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (a few steps from this marker); The Monument (a few steps from this marker); Belle Prairie Church and Log Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); Holy Family Parish (within shouting distance of this marker); Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (within shouting distance of this marker); 99th Infantry Battalion (Sep) activated at Camp Ripley August 1942 (approx. 3.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Little Falls.
More about this marker. Stations and marker are in the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception Memorial Garden, east of Holy Family Parish.
Also see . . . Our Lady of the Angels History. (Submitted on November 1, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches, Etc. • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 239 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.