Little Falls in Morrison County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
This monument which was built to memorialize the ground where the BODY OF CHRIST burnt, when the convent was destroyed by fire, on April 26, 1889. After the sale of the Academy building the Monument was moved from that location to the present location on April 21, 2005.
Here on April 26, 1889
the Blessed Sacrament
was destroyed by fire
Erected by Holy Family Parish.
Location. 46° 2.028′ N, 94° 20.249′ W. Marker is in Little Falls, Minnesota, in Morrison County. Marker is on Riverwood Drive 0.1 miles west of Minnesota Highway 75, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18777 Riverwood Drive, Little Falls MN 56345, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Log Cabin (a few steps from this marker); Site of Foundation of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (a few steps from this marker); The Bell (a few steps from this marker); The Way of the Cross (a few steps from this marker); Belle Prairie Church and Log Cabin Holy Family Parish (within shouting distance of this marker); Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (within shouting distance of this marker); 99th Infantry Battalion (Sep) activated at Camp Ripley August 1942 (approx. 3.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Little Falls.
More about this marker. Monument and marker are in the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception Memorial Garden, east of Holy Family Parish.
Also see . . . Our Lady of the Angels History. (Submitted on November 1, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Disasters • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 161 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.