Little Falls in Morrison County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
This is a replica of the cabin, Mother Ignatius Hayes and her Sisters lived in, when they came to Belle Prairie in 1872. She purchased land from Daniel Mason in Belle Prairie on September 6, 1872 as a site for her convent. The Cabin was rebuilt in 1950. The original site for the cabin was North of the Academy and it was moved to the site South of the gym, as part of the 1950 restoration.
This log cabin is a replica of that in which Mother Mary Ignatius lived from 1873-1875. Several of the logs used in the restoration are from the original
Erected by Holy Family Parish.
Location. 46° 2.035′ N, 94° 20.261′ W. Marker is in Little Falls, Minnesota, in Morrison County. Marker is on Riverwood Drive 0.1 miles west of Minnesota Route 75, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18777 Riverwood Drive, Little Falls MN 56345, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Foundation of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (here, next to this marker); The Bell (a few steps from Belle Prairie Church and Log Cabin (a few steps from this marker); The Way of the Cross (a few steps from this marker); The Monument (a few steps from this marker); Holy Family Parish (within shouting distance of this marker); Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception (within shouting distance of this marker); 99th Infantry Battalion (Sep) activated at Camp Ripley August 1942 (approx. 3.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Little Falls.
More about this marker. Cabin and markers are in the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception Memorial Garden, east of Holy Family Parish.
Also see . . .
1. Our Lady of the Angels History. (Submitted on November 1, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Historical Roots of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters. (Submitted on November 1, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 150 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.