Milford in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
A Passing Technology
—Early 2oth Century Engineering —
The Milford Bridge was built in 1924 by the Standard Bridge Engineering and Constructing Co. of Toledo, Ohio. The bridge was one of 19 Pennsylvania Through Trusses built in Ohio. It was closed to traffic in 1985 due to structural deterioration and dismantled in 1992.
Erected by Ohio Department of Transportation.
Location. 39° 10.326′ N, 84° 17.874′ W. Marker is in Milford, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker is on Water Street (U.S. 50) ¼ mile east of St Rt 126 (Ohio Route 126), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. marker is at the east end of the bridge, on the north side of US 50, at the Little Miami River. St Rt 126 intersects at the west end. marker is accessible from a small parking lot in front of an adjacent business. There is no parking on US 50. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19 Water St, Milford OH 45150, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Covalt Station (approx. half a mile away); Clermont County Bicentennial Marker Stonelick Covered Bridge (approx. 6.6 miles away); Cherry Tree Grove (approx. 6.8 miles away); The Cincinnati Observatory (approx. 7.1 miles away); Pleasant Ridge - World War One Marker (approx. 7.2 miles away); Garard/Martin Station, 1790 (approx. 8.1 miles away); The Church / The Founder (approx. 8.3 miles away); Owensville Village Hall (approx. 9.3 miles away).
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 182 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.