St. John's in Division No. 1 (Avalon Peninsula), Newfoundland and Labrador — The Canadian Atlantic
Erected by Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Location. 47° 33.949′ N, 52° 42.461′ W. Marker is in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, in Division No. 1 (Avalon Peninsula). Marker is on Cathedral Street just from Gower Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6 Cathedral Street, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1C, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Carson (within shouting distance of this marker); St. John the Baptist Anglican Cathedral (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Former Bank of British North America (about 90 meters away); Bank of British North America (about 90 meters away); (Royal Newfoundland Constabulary Monument) (about 180 meters away); St. John’s Court House O’Dwyer Block (approx. half a kilometer away); Thompson Building (approx. half a kilometer away). Click for a list of all markers in St. John's.
Also see . . . Masonic Temple - Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland & Labrador. The three-storeyed building, an excellent example of Victorian lodge construction, contains several classical motifs. The structure includes pilasters, free-standing columns and multiple pediments. The Freemasons held the first Masonic meeting in the structure on November 1, 1896, but the order did not consecrate the building until April 23, 1897. (Submitted on November 22, 2014, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 234 times since then and 77 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. 3. submitted on . • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.