Georgetown in Georgetown County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Baptist Church
Antipedo Baptist Church was located on Church St. by 1804. A later sanctuary, on Lot 130 on Highmarket St., was renamed First Baptist Church of Georgetown in 1911 and was occupied until 1915. First Baptist Church has occupied three sanctuaries on this site: the first 1915–1949, the second 1949-1996, and the present sanctuary, which was completed in 1997.
Erected 1997 by First Baptist Church. (Marker Number 22-42.)
Location. 33° 22.324′ N, 79° 17.186′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, South Carolina, in Georgetown County. Marker is at the intersection of Highmarket Street and Cleland Street, on the right when traveling east on Highmarket Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 219 Cleland St, Georgetown SC 29440, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Winyah Schools (within shouting distance of this marker); Bethesda Baptist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mount Olive Baptist Church (about 800 feet away); Howard School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Robert Stewart House (approx. ¼ mile away); Kaminski House (approx. ¼ mile away); Landing of Lafayette (approx. ¼ mile away); City of Georgetown (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 926 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photograph of the sanctuary • Better photo of the building • Period photos of the previous buildings • Can you help?