Quincy in Gadsden County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Gadsden County Civil War Monument
memory of the
from Gadsden Co. Florida
who died in the defense
of their country.
"On fame's eternal camping ground
their silent tents are spread
and glory guards with solemn round
the bivouac of the dead."
by the Ladies of the
of Gadsden Co. Florida.
April 26, 1884
["Let it be eternal" - soldier, gun inverted, in front of tools of war]
Erected 1884 by the Ladies of the Memorial Association of Gadsden County, Florida.
Location. 30° 35.333′ N, 84° 34.582′ W. Marker is in Quincy, Florida, in Gadsden County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Washington Street and North Adams Street (Florida Route 267). Click for map. Located on the North side of the Gadsden County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 10 East Jefferson Street, Quincy FL 32351, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Gadsden County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Quincy State Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Gadsden County (within shouting distance of this marker); Pat Munroe House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The White House / Pleasants Woodson White (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Quincy Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Paul's Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Quincy.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 264 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.