Tipp City in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1833 - 1874
—A Ghost Town in Tipp City, Ohio —
The neighboring town of Tippecanoe was platted in 1840 soon establishing a newspaper, a fire department, and numerous businesses. Hyattsville never expanded beyond the original twenty- seven lots. In 1874 Hyattsville merged with Tippecanoe and the two towns were renamed Tippecanoe City.
Location. 39° 57.673′ N, 84° 10.731′ W. Marker is in Tipp City, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is at the intersection of Hyatt Street (County Route 153) and Main Street (Ohio Route 571), on the left when traveling north on Hyatt Street. Click for map. marker is in a “pocket park”, next to the Dairy Queen, at the north west corner of Main and Hyatt Streets in Tipp City, Ohio. Hyatt Street is about ½ mile east of the intersection of I-75 and St Rt 571, exit #68. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15 N Hyatt St, Tipp City OH 45371, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured Tipp City Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Miami and Erie Canal Lock 15 (approx. 0.6 miles away); WACO Aircraft Company (approx. 3.7 miles away); Thomas Cemetery / Abraham Thomas (approx. 4 miles away); The Village of Tadmor / The National Road (approx. 4.5 miles away); Elizabeth Township (approx. 4.9 miles away); Phoneton (approx. 5 miles away); The Crossroads of America (approx. 5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Tipp City.
Regarding Hyattsville. Cemetery is about ¼ mile north, on the other side of Hyatt Street
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 212 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. submitted on , by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.