Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Religious Body in Buﬀalo
Organized February 2, 1812, as the
First Presbyterian And
This building dedicated May 6, 1897
Erected 1962 by First Presbyterian Church, Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society.
Location. 42° 54.1′ N, 78° 52.922′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Pennsylvania Street and Wadsworth Street, on the left when traveling south on Pennsylvania Street. Click for map. The church and marker are south of Symphony Circle. Pennsylvania and Wadsworth Streets apparently share the roadway south of the circle, then split at the church. Symphony Circle is named for Kleinhan's Music Hall, home of the Buffalo Philharmonic, on the northwest side of the circle. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Symphony Circle, Buffalo NY 14201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Job Hoisington Buffalo's 1812 War Hero (approx. 0.2 miles away); William G. Fargo Mansion (approx. 0.3 miles away); Holy Angels Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); From Buffalo...To the White House D'Youville College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wilcox Mansion (approx. half a mile away); Westminster Presbyterian Church (approx. half a mile away); William Dorsheimer House (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo.
More about this marker. The figure at the top of the marker is the Buffalo History Museum, Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 192 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.