Tifton in Tift County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Susan Lane Tillman Moore
After attending Mary Baldwin College in Virginia, Mrs. Moore's love of her community led her into politics. She served the state of Georgia and the community of Tifton by advocating for woman's rights, higher education, and federal funding for infrastructure development.
* Member and vice Chairwoman, State Democratic Executive Committee 1923-1939
* Delegate from Georgia, Democratic National Convention 1924 and 1932
* Member and vice Chairwoman, Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia 1941-1942
* State Senator, Georgia State Senate 1933-1934 and 1939-1940
* Member Joseph Habersham Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 2012 by Tallassee Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 31° 27.409′ N, 83° 30.483′ W. Marker is in Tifton, Georgia, in Tift County. Marker is on Love Avenue (Georgia Route 41) north of 4th Street East, on the right when traveling north. Click for map
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tift County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (approx. half a mile away); The Dwight David Eisenhower Memorial Gardens (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (approx. 15.2 miles away).
Categories. • Politics •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 254 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.