St. Mary's City in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Entrance to First State House of Maryland
Who with his Wife, Anne,
Settled on Grant called Land of Harris
In Charles Co. MD, Aug, 30, 1650
Founder of the
Harris Family of Southern Maryland
Some of Whom Served the State
with Distinction in
Military and Civil Capacity
Boxwood Dedicated June 13, 1932
and Tablet Placed Through
Maj. William Thomas Chapter D.A.R.
By Delia Harris Maddox
Ann Delia Power Yellman
Erected 1932 by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 38° 11.245′ N, 76° 26.135′ W. Marker is in St. Mary's City, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker can be reached from Trinity Church Road. Click for map. Marker is in Trinity Episcopal Church Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Marys City MD 20686, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Here Lyeth The Body (a few steps from this marker); The First State House of Maryland (a few steps from this marker); Leonard Calvert (a few Entrance to First State House of Maryland (a few steps from this marker); John Llewellyn (within shouting distance of this marker); Trinity Church, St. Mary’s Parish (within shouting distance of this marker); The Landing of the Ark and the Dove (within shouting distance of this marker); Laura Maryland Carpenter Blinn (within shouting distance of this marker).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Politics •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 193 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.