Near Saint Thomas in Franklin County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
for the defense of the
frontier of Cumberland County
from Fort Davis to Shippensburg
stood near this marker
on the plantation then
owned by Thomas Waddell
Erected 1930 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission and The Franklin County Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 54.671′ N, 77° 49.244′ W. Marker is near Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania, in Franklin County. Marker is on US 30 0.1 miles east of Mercersburg Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Thomas PA 17252, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Wadell (here, next to this marker); Jacob Nelson "Nellie" Fox (approx. 1.3 miles away); St. Thomas Commemorates (approx. 1.3 miles away); Fort McDowell (approx. 3.7 miles away); This Stone Marks the Site of the Fort at McDowell's Mill (approx. 3.7 miles away); Joseph Armstrong Black Boys Rebellion (approx. 4.3 miles away); Fort Loudon (approx. 4.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Saint Thomas.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,066 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.