William B. Howard Station Park
This park, named for the founder of the city of Lee's Summit, is located on the original depot grounds which were set aside for railroad use when the town of Strother was platted on October 28, 1865. The town of Strother was later incorporated as the city of Lee's Summit on November 4, 1868.
The park was planned by the Missouri Community Betterment Committee of Lee's Summit, was financed by the Jackson County legislature, local clubs and individuals and is for the enjoyment of all who visit it.
Erected 1973 by the Rotary Club of Lee's Summit.
Location. 38° 54.752′ N, 94° 22.677′ W. Marker is in Lee's Summit, Missouri, in Jackson County. Marker is on SE Main Street north of SE 3rd Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 228 SE Main Street, Lees Summit MO 64063, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. All Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); R.H. Marquette Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Harry S Truman (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flanery-Frost Cemetery (approx.
Also see . . .
1. The History of Lee's Summit MO. (Submitted on February 8, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. William B. Howard at Find A Grave. (Submitted on February 8, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 162 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.